- General Scholarship Allocation Process
In order to simplify the scholarship application process and ensure that Temple Shalom scholarship dollars are made available and distributed in an equitable manner to Temple Shalom families, a centralized Scholarship Committee has been formed.
Available scholarship dollars are comprised of funds from the Temple, the Clergy, Temple designated funds, Brotherhood and Sisterhood. All scholarship funds will be distributed from this committee. To apply for Scholarship funds, please fill out the Centralized Scholarship application form and send or email the form to Executive Director David Lamden at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Scholarship Committee will then review the applications and award funds in a timely manner.
As a member of the URJ, our congregation strongly supports Greene Family Camp in Bruceville, Texas. For many, sending children to GFC summer camp is a major financial commitment. Each year, our congregation commits significant funds to support camp scholarships and works closely with many local partners to insure ample funds are available to help those who need it. Please note that our camp scholarships are allocated with priority given to those with most need. Due to limited available scholarship funds, the awarded scholarship dollars will not cover the total cost of the camp or event.
Funds may be requested for Temple Shalom youth activities and events, NFTY local and regional events, BBYO local and regional events, URJ-sponsored camps and events, as well as March of the Living Trips and Israel Tours as approved by the Scholarship Committee.
General Award Criteria
- Temple Shalom Member
- Demonstrated financial need
- Additional Sisterhood Scholarship Requirements for Overseas’ Trips: Please go to the Sisterhood scholarship page for additional information and community service requirements for Sisterhood scholarships for overseas’ trips approved by the Temple Shalom Scholarship Committee.
- Additional Brotherhood Scholarships may be found here. Note the separate deadlines for these Brotherhood-awarded scholarships.
- Scholarships will not exceed the program fee for the event for which the student wishes to attend. Transportation assistance may be available at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
- Applicants are eligible to receive multiple scholarships each year. In order to be considered for a scholarship, they must submit a completed application for each event for which they are requesting a scholarship at least three weeks prior to the registration deadline.
- If the applicant breaches the code of conduct at an event or backs out of attending the event, they will be required to repay the full amount of the scholarship.
- A youth and parent may submit a completed application.
- Any senior staff member of Temple Shalom may submit a candidate for consideration and have the youth and parent complete the registration forms required.
- Please click here for a current scholarship application.
- For a list of other scholarship opportunities, please go to the .