We are now broadcasting services through Facebook live.
Friday Night Shabbat Service Time is 6:00pm at https://www.facebook.com/groups/templeshalomdallas/
See the homepage of the website–Torah Study Zoom information and other programming info will be updated in the informational strips.
Temple Shalom’s Facebook Group: PJ’s and Story with Rabbi Andrew Paley & Bo
Sunday evenings 7:00pm via Temple Shalom Facebook Group
Kids (of all ages- even kids at heart) get in your PJ’s and grab your favorite stuffed animal (or pet) and join us on Sunday night!
Temple Shalom’s Facebook Group: Havdallah Services
Saturday evenings 6:30pm via Temple Shalom Facebook Group
Join us on Saturday evenings!
Click here for community resources and how to deal with the impact of this crisis.
CLICK HERE FOR A PRINTABLE VERSION OF THE 3/19 UPDATE.
March 19, 2020
We hope this finds you and your family well and safe. We are thinking of you and we want you to know that Temple Shalom is working diligently to do what we do best – create holy community even in this, hopefully short-lived and strange new world. As always, Rabbi Paley and Cantor Avery are here for you. They can best be reached via their Temple emails or the Temple Shalom emergency number – 214.295.9630.
As you are well aware, all of our onsite gatherings have been suspended in collaboration with current city, county and CDC regulations at least until March 29th, and further if the city and county regulations warrant extensions. In order to continue to provide the kind of connections that we need and have enjoyed over the years from each other, we are currently offering a number of opportunities. Fulfilling our sacred mission, Temple Shalom is and always will be a place for meaningful worship, meaningful study and meaningful gathering.
Temple Shalom’s the place for meaningful worship
- Livestreaming Friday night services via the Temple Shalom Facebook group and website. (www.templeshalomdallas.org) – Catch us at our new time at 6:00pm every week!
- Livestreaming Healing Service on Saturday, March 28that 10:30am via the Temple Shalom Facebook group and website. (www.templeshalomdallas.org)
- Livestreaming Havdallah – Saturdays at 6:30pm via Temple Shalom Facebook group
- Livestreaming Munchkin Minyan – Saturday, April 4thand May 2nd, 10:30am via Temple Shalom Facebook group
Temple Shalom’s the place for meaningful Study
- Wednesday Lunch and Learn with Rabbi Paley – 12pm-1pm via Zoom (Check website and Temple Facebook group for Zoom information for this class)
- Wednesdays Singing, Psalms and Socializing with Cantor Avery – 4pm via Zoom (Check website and Temple Facebook group for Zoom information for this)
- Torah Study with Rabbi Paley – Saturday mornings 9am-10:15am via Zoom (Check website and Temple Facebook group for Zoom information for this class)
Temple Shalom’s the place for meaningful gathering
- PJ’s and Story with Rabbi Paley – Sunday evenings 7pm via Temple Shalom Facebook group
- Virtual office hours for Rabbi Paley and Cantor Avery (Check website and Temple Facebook group for this information)
- Temple Shalom community gathering – Temple wide gathering with Rabbi Paley and Cantor Avery Tuesday evenings 7pm via Zoom (Check website and Temple Facebook group for Zoom information for this)
Plans are being made to determine the best course of action for the remaining Religious School days. That information is forthcoming to our students and their families.
If you are interested in helping to reach out to older members of our congregation to connect with them and provide a comforting presence, please email Rabbi Paley at email@example.com with your interest.
Please remember that we are here for you and if there is something particular that you are thinking of, if there is an idea that you have or if you would like to help, please let us know. In addition, don’t forget to regularly visit the website and Facebook group for updates and links.
God bless you and yours and we’ll see you soon online for sure and hopefully soon as well, in person!
In peace, safety and health,
Rabbi Andrew Paley
Steve Lewis, Executive Director
Rodney Schlosser, President
Debra Levy-Fritts, Executive Vice President